Adults who have mental health issues that affect their ability to function can get the help they need in the adult inpatient program at Cedar Ridge Behavioral Hospital at Bethany. The adult inpatient mental health treatment is for people age 18 and older.
At Cedar Ridge Behavioral Hospital at Bethany, we offer an adult inpatient program that specializes in depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety and other mood disorders. The adult inpatient mental health treatment is for individuals over the age of 18 with severe mental illness that is impacting their ability to function.
Among the conditions treated in the program are:
- Depression – A serious medical condition in which a person feels very sad, hopeless, and unimportant and often is unable to live in a normal way. This mental illness causes long periods of unhappiness.
- Bipolar disorder – A brain disorder that causes shifts in mood, energy, activity levels and the ability to carry out day-to-day tasks.
- Anxiety – A feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome. For a person with an anxiety disorder, the anxiety does not go away and can get worse over time.
- Other mood disorders – Such as major depressive disorder and dysthymia.
The adult inpatient program provides:
- Crisis intervention, intensive assessment and stabilization.
- Evaluation, recommendation and management of psychotropic medication.
- Steps to help a patient return to normal life after discharge.
The goal of the adult inpatient program is to help relieve symptoms and improve the patient’s quality of life. We also help develop and coordinate treatment options after discharge, including moving into our Day Treatment Program and The Next Step.